<slidy theme="a" />
How to put Hybrid Publishing into practice?
With the Beyond Social project...
Beyond Social requirements
- online publication for Social Design
- constant work-in-progress
- contributions from outside WdKA
- web and paper publication
Wiki - editing space
A web applications dedicated to collaborative content creation
Interview with Ward Cunningham - inventor of the first wiki
Wiki - positive aspects
- anyone can become an editor
- all content is public
- revision system keeps track of each edit
- enforces semantic structure. Making possible converting wiki pages to other formats (markups): HTML, EPUB, ICML, LaTex, etc
- API can request wiki pages's content and metadata programmatically
Wiki - down sides
- a flat space, made only of pages and users
- how to organize a publication in this space?
- what structures to adopt?
- how to organize a workflow of authors, editors and proofreaders ?
- messy, difficult to read and navigate
- necessity for alternative reading spaces
Reading spaces - publications
How did we connect editing and reading spaces?
- Wiki API - fetches wiki page's content
- Pandoc - converts wiki content to HTML
- HTML templates - structure and style for each website page
- glue scripts - interlinking all these elements
MA Media Design - Catalog
For 2015 graduation show Tempted by Tomorrow
An open phrasebook for refugees http://refugeephrasebook.de/