Using the WDKA student server
The WDKA offers students server space to host website. Unfortunately, the process to do this is not very user-friendly. Here you find a step by step guide to help you get your site online. Follow it very carefully and everything should work out.
Step 1: Request an account
- Create an account [here]. Enter your student number (without extension) and click 'account aanvragen'.
- You should receive an e-mail in your HR mail with a link called 'nieuw account aanmaken'. Click this link.
- In the following page you can add your name and click the button to confirm the creation of you account.
- You should now receive a link in your e-mail with your account name and password.
You will sometimes get errors during this process, but most of the time it will still work.
Step 2: Download FileZilla
- Download FileZilla [here] and install it.
Step 3: Upload your website
- In the top of your FileZilla window, enter ftp.student.wdka.nl as the host
- Enter your student number as the username
- Enter the password you received in step 1 as the password
- Leave the port number empty and click the quick connect button
- It should connect and you should see a public_html folder in the center-right panel of FileZilla
- Drag all your website files from finder into this public_html folder
Step 4: Enjoy your website
Visit yourstudentnumber.student.wdka.nl and enjoy your website!